Policy for Safeguarding Children 2017
Parish of Christ Church and St Marks in the Church
of England Diocese of St Albans
This Policy was agreed at the Parochial
Church Council Meeting held on 30 November 2016
• We are committed to implementing
a safeguarding children policy and accepting the Church of England
Policy Protecting All God’s Children (4th edition 2010)
and to be responsive to local parish requirements.
• We will review and endorse the safeguarding policies
annually so that all members are aware of their responsibilities.
• The highest standards will be maintained in all the
Church’s contacts with children and young people and adult
volunteers will be given appropriate support and opportunities
• We will respond without delay to every complaint made
that a child or young person for whom we are responsible may
have been harmed.
• This Parish will co-operate fully with the statutory
agencies in every situation and will not conduct its own investigations.
• We will seek to offer informed pastoral care to any
child, young person or adult who has suffered abuse.
• We will care for and supervise any member of our church
community known to have offended against a child.
• The PCC acknowledges its responsibility for all work
with children and young people done in the name of the Church
and requires all those engaged in such work to be properly appointed
and supported in accordance with the Church of England Practice
Guidance: Safer Recruitment (July 2016).
We have a Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator whose contact
information is available in the church and church halls.
The Parish Office, St Mark's Church,
Leggatts Way, Watford , Herts WD24 5NQ Tel: 01923 681972
here to Email us
The Parish Office, St Mark's Church, Leggatts
Way , Watford , Herts.
WD24 5NQ. Phone: 01923 681972